Holika Dahan 2020 Images & Timings : होलिका दहन पूजा
This article covers all Information about Holika Dahan 2020 Images & Timings and also a detailed explaination of Holika Dahan Pooja Procedure is given below.
Holika Dahan 2020 on Monday, March 9, 2020
होलिका दहन मुहूर्त - 6:34 PM to 8:59 PM
Duration - 02 Hours and 25 Mins.
Rangwali Holi on Tuesday, March 10, 2020
Holika Dahan 2020 Images
Holi is not only about fun, frolic and enjoyment but also worshipping Lord Vishnu. From Holika Dahan to playing with colors, there is a reason for celebrations of Holi. Find them out below.
Apart from playing with colors and water, there is a history behind celebrating it. It is celebrated by hindus every year. It is observed on the day of purnima(full moon), in the month of Falgun on two consecutive days. The first day is known as Chhoti Holi or Holika Dahan and the second day is known as Rangwali Holi, Dhuleti, Dulandi or Dhulivandan. This year Holi falls on March 9 And March 10.
Holi signifies the victory of good over evil. It falls in the month of march at the onset of the spring to gratify the good harvest.The celebrations include applying color on each other’s faces, splashing watery colors on people and throwing water balloons on them and sharing sweets with your near and dear ones.
History of Holi/Dulandi
The history of Dhulandi begins at the time when a demon king named Kansa, ordered a female monster named Putana to breastfeed baby Lord Krishna with her poisonous milk. Putana managed to take Krishna away, but the baby child suckled her breast only to suck her life force, thus killing her and she was finally relieved from the curse that made her born as a monster.
It is believed that Krishna’s colour turned into blue only after consuming that poisonous milk. Many years later, Krishna became upset with his body color and became jealous of the Radha’s fair color. His mother ,to pacify his son , told him that he could apply any color of his choice on Radha’s face. Krishna took gulal and applied it all over Radha’s face.This small act became very popular in the town, and joy and happiness took over whole Vrindavan. Since then, this festival is celebrated as Dhulandi.
Why is Holi / Dhuleti / Dulandi / Dhulivandan significant?
The celebration of Holi welcomes the spring season and the good harvest, after Basant Panchami. It is a symbol of leashing of new life in the spring, new beginnings and spreading love inspite of difficult hardships like stark and cold winters. Holi signifies unification, power and sharing happiness and love, like we share the colors.
Science Behind Holi 2020
Our mind is the centre of control of all our moods and emotions. It is affected by our senses. As per science, colors can change our mood. Color therapy is a proof of that, as there is a recorded evidence of color therapy which has healed various mental and emotional disorders which are not less than a miracle.Thus, each color has a special impact on our mood, emotions and behaviour.
In general, on Dhulandi, the colors which were used in the past were made up of natural substances like scented flowers, turmeric powder etc., but now synthetic colors are mainly used . Due to this, the festive splashing of colors has lost its spiritual and Ayurvedic significance, as natural colors are not harsh on the skin and their fragrance rejuvenates people and, thus there is more love and joy in the air. Generally, four colors were used in the past- red , blue, green and yellow, each being a symbol of love, peace, nature and joy respectively.
Items needed for Holika Dahan 2020 Pooja Samagri (पूजा सामग्री )
* Flowers for creating a pleasant atmosphere.
* A picture of the holy couple Radha Krishna.
* Herbal gulal of five colors (for sharing love ).
* Cow’s milk ghee, cotton wicks and metal lamp (for prayers).
* Fruits and homemade milk sweets (for prasad).
* Gangajal, bBell, incense and itra (for worship and purification).
* Tulsi leaves and sandalwood paste (for putting tilak).
Domestic Puja Vidhi (घरेलु पूजा विधि )
* The devotees should assemble in the household altar, or temple, after having bath and wearing clean clothes.
* Place the picture of Radha Krishna int he temple or altar decorated with flowers and facing east.
* Apply some gulal on the face and the lotus feet of Radha Krishna.
* Offer the incense to the lord and put tulsi leaves in the sweets, after offering to the lord, followed by offering the ghee lamp, gangajal, gulal, etc.
* Offer the items by circling them around the holy picture of Radha Krishna seven times.
* Sprinkle gulal on everyone and apply gulal on everyone’s face and distribute prasad in order to get the divine blessings.
Shastric Puja Vidhi (शास्त्रीक पूजा विधि )
It includes Shri Kalash Sthapana, Avaahan, Swasthivachan, Sri Sri Radha Madan Mohan Puja, Sodashopchar Puja, Shri Vrindavan Dham Puja, Shri Vrajmandal Puja, Purnahuti , Homa and Visarjan.
- Bharti AXA Car Insurance – Compare, Reviews, Renewal in Hindi
- Alcohol Quotes, Drinking Status & Drinking with Friends Captions to make you feel Chilled
- Happy Fathers Day Wishes, Messages & Status for your No. 1 Dad!
- 100+ Heartfelt Condolence message on death to express your sympathy
- Raksha Bandhan quotes and wishes to make your bond more stronger
- Happy Dussehra 2020: Best Wishes, Messages, Status and HD Images You Can’t Miss
- [Best] Happy Independence Day 2020 Wishes, Messages and Top HD Images
- [Best] Happy Diwali Wishes 2020 | Diwali HD Images, Quotes, Messages and SMS
- Happy Diwali 2020 Wishes, Messages, Status, Quotes with Images
- Happy Teachers Day 2020: Best Sweet Wishes & Images for Best Teacher